Why Choose the JAGODA 300 for Your Blueberry Harvesting?
Are you tired of traditional, labor-intensive blueberry harvesting methods and concerned about fruit loss during mechanical harvest? If you’re nodding in agreement, then it’s time to meet the solution: the JAGODA 300 Blueberry Harvester.
The result of five years of intensive engineering and testing in collaboration with the Institute of Horticulture (InHort) in Poland, is poised to reforming your blueberry harvesting process. With impressive efficiency gains, cost savings, affordability, and a solution that accommodates different terrains, it’s a groundbreaking choice for blueberry growers. In this article, we will explore the various features and benefits of the JAGODA 300 for blueberry growers, highlighting its special performance compared to other available harvesters and second considering the various plantation conditions that enhance mechanical harvesting.
A. How Do Blueberry Growers Benefit from Using JAGODA 300’s Unique Features?
1. Fruit Loss Reduction: The JAGODA 300 blueberry harvester has achieved outstanding results in blueberry harvesting, significantly reducing fruit losses and setting a new efficiency standard in the industry. In comprehensive testing alongside competing models in the market, our harvester demonstrated fruit losses below 3%, an extraordinary achievement, particularly in plantations prepared for blueberry mechanical harvesting.
This achievement is attributed to our innovative design, which includes the introduction of new low catcher plates that underwent rigorous testing to ensure peak performance. Consequently, our harvester has achieved a fruit loss percentage ranging from 2% to 8% across various blueberry varieties. This remarkable outcome is primarily attributed to the strategic design and placement of these innovative catcher plates around the blueberry bushes, as well as the critical role played by regulating both the height (ranging from 30 cm/12 in to 70 cm/28 in) from the ground level and the incline of the catcher plates.
Moreover, our dedicated team of JAGODA JPS engineers is proactively developing advanced catcher systems to further reduce this percentage, with a specific focus on enhancing performance in plantations not yet fully prepared for mechanical harvest.
2. Ensuring Top-Quality Harvest: As blueberry plantations continue to expand and mechanical harvesting gains prominence as the preferred collection method, this paragraph will explore into the percentage of ripe fruit harvested, highlighting the critical factors that contribute to high-quality harvests, including post-harvest plantation conditions, effective fruit cleaning, minimizing green fruit presence, and reducing bruising.
- Harvesting high quality fruits: The JAGODA 300 Blueberry Harvester achieves an exceptional harvest rate of over 98% for ripe blueberries while ensuring gentle handling to prevent any damage. This outstanding performance is made possible by the innovative 920 shaking head, initially featured in our Half-row Berry harvester JAREK 5. The 920 shaking head delicately vibrates the blueberry bushes during harvesting. What sets it apart is its adaptability, allowing precise adjustments by modifying the shaking force of the rotating weight. This flexibility makes it suitable for a range of blueberry varieties and even raspberries. The ability to control the rotation speed and regulate the brake belt provides flexibility in adjusting the shaking intensity on the bushes.
- Minimizing Green Fruits to Near Elimination: In addition to the numerous advantages offered by the 920 shaking head, our shaking column is equipped with sun-shaped shaking elements. These elements can be effortlessly adjusted to cater to various rubber hardness levels, granting blueberry growers the flexibility to choose between soft, medium, and hard rubber options based on the specific fruit variety requirements. Moreover, we provide two dimensions of plastic fingers, available in sizes ranging from 25 cm/10 in OR 50 cm/20 in. These dimensions can be seamlessly combined on the same vertical shaking head to suit the precise conditions of your plantation. also you have the option of using either a single or double sun-shaped shaking element that can be easily installed. This remarkable flexibility in options reduces the presence of green fruits, perfectly aligning with the different fruit ripening times within your plantation.
- Plantation Conditions After Harvest: The innovative design of our Vertical Shaking System incorporates two 920 shaker heads, assuring a damage-free blueberry plantation post-harvest.
- Fruit Cleaning with Dual High-Speed Fans: We installed dual high-speed fans, each operating at 1000 turns per minute, to ensure top-quality fruit cleaning by effectively removing leaves and impurities during the harvesting process.
- Reducing Fruit Bruising: The JAGODA 300 blueberry harvester employs a single-drop system, gently transporting fruit through a cleaning process to the rear of the machine. Although our harvester minimizes bruising, its performance aligns with industry standards. Comparable to other single-drop conveyor systems, our design effectively reduces fruit bruising, ultimately delivering top-quality fruit throughout the harvesting process.We are committed to ongoing harvester improvements to further enhance this soft surface.
3. Cost-Efficient Blueberry Harvesting with the JAGODA 300 Harvester.
- Cost Savings: The blueberry industry has experienced significant global growth over the past two decades, spanning regions like the United States (U.S.), Europe, Canada, South America, and China. While a large portion of blueberry production provides to the fresh market, hand harvesting remains dominant. However, the industry’s continuous expansion has given rise to pressing challenges. These challenges include a shortage of labor for manual harvesting, rising labor costs, and low harvest efficiencies, all of which have become major obstacles to sustainable blueberry production.
- In contrast, mechanical harvesters have the potential to dramatically reduce labor costs by more than 80% for blueberries intended for fresh market, IQF and processing. The introduction of commercially available self-propelled over-the-row (OTR) mechanical harvesters has been transformative. However, the primary barrier to implementing this technology lies in the substantial costs, with each unit exceeding $300,000. This reduces self-propelled harvesters making them financially unfeasible for small- and medium-sized blueberry farms.
- Here is where the JAGODA 300 pull-type blueberry harvester enters the scene, designed to be towed by a tractor and offering a cost-effective alternative. It typically yields a return on investment within 1 to 1.5 years, delivering substantial savings. Priced at just one-third of the cost of self-propelled harvesters, it achieves the same level of performance in terms of reducing labor requirements. With its unique features, the JAGODA 300 enhances harvesting effectiveness. It requires only one tractor operator and two additional personnel to handle the fruits post-collection.
- Harvesting Speed: Our harvester has consistently demonstrated impressive speeds during numerous demonstrations, ranging from a minimum of 0.5 km/h to 1.2 km/h. This translates to covering approximately 0.2 hectares per hour to 0.4 hectares per hour. Remarkably, this represents a doubling of speed when compared to other trailed harvesters, all without compromising harvest quality.
- High Harvest Capacity: The JAGODA 300 blueberry picking machine excels in efficiently collecting substantial quantities of fruits. Its standard deck on the back of the harvester is designed to accommodate up to 20 to 30 fruit boxes.. Additionally, it offers the flexibility to attach a trolley trailed for either 2 pallets or 3 pallets sizes check HM3 orchard bin trailer, further attractive its high capacity.
4. Additional Key Features for JAGODA 300: Enhancing Efficiency and Ease of Use
The JAGODA 300 blueberry harvester is thoughtfully designed to optimize your blueberry harvesting experience while accommodating various plantation conditions. Let’s delve into the key features that make this harvester a valuable asset for blueberry growers:
- Efficient Maneuverability with Steering Wheels: One of the standout features of the JAGODA 300 is its steering wheels. These wheels enable the harvester to have a smaller turning radius, making it effortless to maneuver through tight U-turns. This feature ensures that no space in your plantation goes to waste and allows for more efficient harvesting in narrow areas.
- Hydraulic Adjustable Picking Tunnel: The picking tunnel of the JAGODA 300 can be easily adjusted hydraulically to adapt to diverse plantation conditions. Whether you’re growing blueberries, raspberries, Haskap berries, currants, or even young trees like sour cherries and plums, this harvester has you covered. With a picking height ranging from 3 m/10 ft to 3.5 m/11.5 ft, you can harvest your crops at the optimal height for the best results.
- Convenient Wireless Control: .This control panel allows you to have continuous control over the harvester’s functions, ensuring a smooth and efficient harvesting process from any location around the harvester. To power the JAGODA 300 harvester, you’ll need a minimum 70 hp tractor with a 540 rpm power take-off (PTO). This harvester is purposefully designed for continuous operation, even in high-temperature environments, ensuring its reliability and durability on your plantation.
- Hydraulic Platforms for Easy Transport and Working Positions : The addition of hydraulic platforms simplifies the transportation and positioning of the harvester within the plantation.
- Harvesting Blueberries in Different Environments: The JAGODA 300 is not limited to a specific type of environment or growing method. Its versatility makes it suitable for various harvesting conditions, allowing you to maximize its use in different settings. Let’s explore the different environments where the JAGODA 300 blueberry harvester can efficiently operate.
- Open Field Harvesting: Whether you have a open field plantation, the JAGODA 300 excels in open field harvesting. Its maneuverability and adjustable picking tunnel make it suitable for collecting berries in large, open spaces. You can easily navigate through rows of crops and adjust the picking height according to your plantation conditions.
- Poles and Trellis Systems: For growers utilizing poles and trellis systems in their berry crops, the JAGODA 300 remains an excellent choice. It can smoothly maneuver around the poles and trellises, effortlessly reaching the berries.
- Plantations In Pots: When it comes to harvesting berries grown in pots or containers, the JAGODA 300 maintains its efficiency and versatility.
- Anti-Hail Nets (Under 3.4 m) and Greenhouses (Over 2.9m): With a height requirement of over 2.9m, this harvester can effectively collect berries in greenhouse environments.
- Night-time Harvesting: Some plantations prefer to harvest their berries at night when temperatures are cooler. The JAGODA 300 is equipped with integrated drive and working lights, ensuring optimal visibility even in low-light conditions. This feature enables you to operate effectively regardless of the time of day.
To know more about the specification of the harvester Download PDF
B. Plantation Factors to Consider: Optimizing Blueberry Harvesting Efficiency
The success of a blueberry harvester depends on both effective fruit maintenance and the readiness of the plantation for mechanical harvest. However, various plantation conditions play a critical role in transitioning from hand-picking to mechanical harvesting. Below outlines key factors to consider for improving harvest quality and efficiency:
- Raised-Bed Configuration: The harvester’s catcher plates, positioned at a minimum of 30 cm/ 12 in above the ground, optimize fruit collection closer to the base of blueberry bushes. Raised beds with heights of 20 cm/ 8 in to 30 cm/12 in and widths from 30 cm/ 12 in to max. 75 cm/28 in enhance efficiency. The harvester is also adaptable for flat-bed configurations.
- Crown Narrowing: To minimize fruit loss, it’s essential to narrow the crown of blueberry bushes. Wide crowns increase the risk of fruit loss when the catcher plates open. Some techniques involve using plastic tubes during the first years of planting.
- Shoot Removal: Removing low-hanging shoots within 35 cm/14 in of the plant and pruning to minimize crown width are effective practices
4. Row Spacing: Maintaining a minimum row spacing of 3 m/10 ft with wider end-of-row spacing (7 m/ 23 ft – 9 m/30 in) is crucial. The JAGODA 300’s steering wheels facilitate optimal maneuverability, especially during u-turns.
5. Plant Spacing: Plant spacing should range from 60-90 cm, with adjustments based on field conditions and blueberry variety. These considerations are vital for enhancing the efficiency of blueberry harvesting with the JAGODA 300 blueberry harvester.
Tailored Solutions for Your Blueberry Farm
Is your blueberry farm ready to embrace the advantages of mechanical harvesting? Reach out to us to assess if your plantation is suitable for the JAGODA 300 Blueberry Harvester. We’re here to guide you in selecting the perfect solution to suit your specific needs. Trust JAGODA 300 to reform your blueberry harvesting process, reducing costs, and maximizing productivity. Contact us today for a consultation!