Choosing cherry harvester:
To know easily the cherry harvester that fits your plantation. It’s best to know the parameters of tree growth and the sizes of your plantation. Also, It’s very important to prepare the orchards for the mechanical harvest and mainly for the intense cherry orchards.
Our mechanical cherry harvesters were developed to harvest cherries under categories for big, medium, and small plantation scales.
For big scales > 8 hectares: The over-the-row harvester JAGODA 300 pull-type collects sour cherries and plums from the entire row by shaking the tree via 2 vertical shakers with an effective system for clean fruits
- Harvest output: 0.2 to 0.4 ha/hour
- Shaking system: 2 Vertical Rotor Shaking head
For medium scales < 8 ha: There are 2 harvesters, and it’s recommended based on 3 parameters of the plantation: the distance between row-to-row, spacing between trees in a row, and spacing at the end of the rows.
- Gacek: The trailed cherry harvester grabs the trunk, a reversed ‘umbrella – tarpaulin’ that is opened hydraulically under the tree before shaking the tree. Then transport the fruits via a conveyor belt, and all impurities like leaves or twigs are removed with a fan and the fruits are collected into a big box ( 500 kg) or small boxes.
- G-004: is a trailed cherry harvester that’s adapted to suit the precise needs of cherry and plum growers that can be used in orchards with different distances between trees in a row – width of the screen: 3 m to 6 m ( upon request). In order to operate the cherry and plum harvester four people are needed: a tractor driver, 1 person to operate the shaker head, and 2 persons to fold and unfold the screen under the tree.
- PESTKA: The trunk shaker is the most effective, and cost-saving for harvesting cherries and plums, the shaker head captures the trunk of the tree by paw grip and vibrates it. The collected fruits fall to screens that are spread under a tree (screens are not included), any leaves and twigs should be removed with a blower. The main advantage of tree shaker PESTKA 20 or PESTKA 30 can reach the main branches of the tree in case the trunk diameter is more than 22 cm or 30 cm.
For small scales < 0.5 ha RS-100: can save time and labor, especially for cherry farmers who have few trees. it is designed to harvest stone fruits from big, medium, and small trees such as cherries, walnuts, almonds, apricots, plums, olives, cider, and others.
Planting and spacing of cherry trees vary from one orchard to another, and there are 4 parameters of the plantation that need to be considered:
- The distance between row-to-row.
- Spacing between trees in a row.
- Spacing at the end of the rows.
- Width and height of the trunk
Our engineers achieved to provide different cherry harvesters. The below table is showing the difference between the harvesters.
|Plantation Sizes||> 8 Ha||< 7 Ha||< 7 Ha||< 5 Ha||< 0.5 Ha|
|Harvest Output||0.2 to 0.4 ha/hour||0.09 to 0.1 ha/hour||0.09 to 0.1 ha/hour||0.07 to 0.1 ha/hour||0.04 to 0.08 ha/hour|
|Harvest Type||2 Vertical Shaking Head||Shaking trunk||Shaking trunk||Shaking trunk and primary branches||Shaking trunk and main branches|
|Distance between the rows||Min 2.8 m||Min 2.5 m||Min 4 m||Min 2.2 m||Min 2 m|
|Distance between trees in a row||Any Distance||1.5 m to 4 m||2.2 m to 2.5 m||Any Distance||Any Distance|
|Tractor Capacity||70 Hp||40 Hp||30 Hp||30 Hp||20 Hp|
|The distance at the end of the rows for a U-turn||Min 8 m||Min 9 m||Min 6 m||Min 3 m||Min 3 m|
|Diameter of Trunk||Any||10 cm to 30 cm||7 cm to 20 cm||7 cm to 22 cm||Any|
|No required person||Tractor Operator + 2||Tractor Operator + 3||Tractor Operator + 2||Tractor Operator + 2||Tractor Operator + 1|